Hughes House Museum
In 1902, this log house was built as the St. Maries Men’s Club, but the organization proved short-lived. In 1906, the building was turned into a doctor’s office and remained in operation until the early 1920s when the business was foreclosed. Noting that the building was rapidly deteriorating, Raleigh
Hughes purchased the house in 1926 and lovingly restored it. The home remained in private possession until 1989 when the Centennial Committee purchased the home and opened it as the Historic Hughes House Museum in 1990. Inside, visitors will catch a glimpse of St. Maries’ younger days. Several photos, antiques, and artifacts depict early life in St. Maries and northern Idaho.
Please call for additional information concerning hours of operation, as the museum is open on a volunteer-available basis. Phone 208-245-3212.